cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is it possible to use Python for automating some of the tasks in IsoDraw?

RahulKULKARNI
1-Newbie

Is it possible to use Python for automating some of the tasks in IsoDraw?

I recently read a post somewhere (can't remember exactly), it was regarding using Python to automate some of the things in ArborText Epic Editor ( which has a ACL (Arbortext Command Language)) just like our IsoDraw Macro language.

So just thought whether is it possible to use Python to automate tasks in Isodraw alongwith our IsoDraw Macro language.

I humbly request the experts to please share your thoughts.

Regards,

Rahul

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Rahul--

You may be referring to my recent blog post: http://www.terraxml.com/community/blog/bid/300261/Customizing-Arbortext-with-the-Python-Scripting-Language.

I haven't done much of this kind of development with IsoDraw, but if it has a similar kind of object model programming interface to what Arbortext Editor offers, then it should be possible do something similar to integrate Python.

If you want to experiment, you could download the Python integration code I wrote for Arbortext Editor, and play with it to see if it can be adapted to work with IsoDraw. The blog post gives some descriptive information about how it all works, and the code should be reasonably well-commented. (Sorry, I don't have time at the moment to try this myself, and I have less experience with IsoDraw.)

--Clay

Hello Clay,

Yes you are right. It is the same article I was reffering to.

I surely will download the Python integration code and try playing with it for Isodraw.

Thanks for your kind reply.

Regards,

Rahul

Top Tags