cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is there anything in Isodraw 7.3 that makes 7.0 macros hang Isodraw?

TimSharp
6-Contributor

Is there anything in Isodraw 7.3 that makes 7.0 macros hang Isodraw?

We've recently upgraded to Isodraw 7.3 from 7.0.

We have a macro that draws ribbed pipes but it no longer works properly in 7.3.

It's a long macro so I won't put it here unless someone wants me to.

The macro has a while loop in it that prompts the user to select a point on a line - it adds ribs along this line each loop until the user exits by clicking in space.

It worked fine in 7.0, but in 7.3 it works OK for a few seconds and then Isodraw hangs for several minutes as though it's stuck in an endless loop. It eventually exits the macro.

Strange thing though is that it's not based on the number of ribs it draws (i.e. the number of loops) but on time since the macro started - if you pick points quickly, you can get more ribs drawn than if you pick them slowly.

Is 7.3 less forgiving of bugs, or could I be using some functions that no longer work properly?

Any general guidance would be very welcome. I can post the whole macro if anyone is interested.

2 REPLIES 2

I think we've hit the same bug before. We are using a while loop that continues at each left click and is supposed to end at a right click. We'll see occasionally IsoDraw get locked up on the loop. No explanation. It does seem that when it happens with a file it will be consistent with that file and work for others. We haven't figured out the issue. Our illustrators tend to just create a new file, copy the contents, and then start the run of macros again. Not a fix, but at least you're not alone.

TimSharp
6-Contributor
(To:thendricks)

Thanks Trevor

It's annoying to think that new bugs may have been introduced into Isodraw in such a minor release.

I have other macros that loop round asking for user input, but they seem to be working OK. I'll have to do some experiments when I have time to see what the essential differences are between the working macros and the non-working ones.

I do a lot of macros that speed up actual drawing work, but IML isn't well suited to this kind of thing - the lack of a menu system is a real drawback.

thanks again.

Top Tags