cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Issue with our chgstatus attribute.

BenjaminCoast
9-Granite

Issue with our chgstatus attribute.

Hi there,

In our Styler Style sheet we have a attribute called chgstatus which signifies a change to that area and what stage of approval it's in. This chgstatus attribute can be applied to most tags in the XML. This chgstatus is listed in the LOEP and in the footer of the pages that are generated. The problem we're having is that in the footer, it only displays the chgstatus of the container, and not the individual figures. 

As you can see here the figure has a chgstatus of "ORIG APPLE" while it's container has a chgstatus of "ORIG PLUM". 

BenjaminCoast_0-1629900055869.png

On the generated document, the footer displays "ORIG PLUM" instead of "ORIG APPLE".

BenjaminCoast_1-1629900125026.png

The Footer pulls from chgstatus, but it pulls from the container's chgstatus instead of the more specific one to that page. 

BenjaminCoast_2-1629900556193.png

Not sure what what the best way to rectify this issue. My initial idea is to make a separate attribute to distinguish them. But I fear that may interfere with the LOEP.

2 REPLIES 2

What should the logic be, for example if two figures on a page have different chgstatus? What about if the container starts/ends on the same page? Two containers on the same page? You get the idea.

Typically we would see this type of thing using revision levels, which are numeric, and therefore your logic could be to gather all chgstatus on the current page then from that list you select the highest number and use that. Without figuring out all the edge cases and details like this it is hard to know exactly what needs to be done.

Have you tried footnotes? 

https://support.ptc.com/help/arbortext/r8.1.1.0/en/index.html#page/styler%2Fstyler%2Fhelp5073.html%23

I never tried it because I cheated with XSL-FO source edits and page-markers.  However, it seems like the footnote feature might be useful for this?

If you have tried/or will try, I would love to hear about your experience... and to thank you for being my test subject.  😁

Top Tags