cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Link between callouts and part n.

M.Ceriati
1-Newbie

Link between callouts and part n.

Hi everybody.

I'm wondering if someone knows how to automatically link the callouts with the parts number of the items.

I can now make it one by one (through OBJECT INFO -> HYPERTEXT -> OBJECT -> Relative callout number) and it's a waste of time .

I need this link to use it when exporting the datas (xml) to excel.

Any tips will be appreciated !

Regards,

Massimo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oops. This is a problem I try to avoid. I have a ism file filled with global variables that I use regularly. When I create a macro for the forum I always try to define them all again, but missed one. The block of code that does the points was a copy and paste from one of my production macros.

The attached macro has the myME variable defined. Should take care of the problem.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Would it be possible for you to post a dumbed down version of your iso file with the callouts as you do them? Basically at the point when you want to make the link between callout and name. Perhaps a drawing with two or three parts (such as screws). It would be good to have a file as you see it on your end to work with.

I prepared an example with some items.

We exploded the group and put the callouts.

I try to export them but the callouts are not linked to to the part n. (see enclosed file).

Then I attach an example of what we deliver to the customer.

(If you need we can also make a web conference.)

Thanks!

Now I understand.

I have a thought on doing this, but it would require you to use a macro to create the callouts versus the built in tool. The basic concept would be that you select the part you want to create a callout for. Then run the macro which puts the part number into a variable. It then promts you to select the start and end points of the callout. Once this is done it creates the callout and assigns the value of the part number to the object info of the callout. You could easily have another macro then that just loops through the callouts and exports the part number of the callout number.

Would this approach work for you?

39 minutes. Gotta be my new record.

Attached are modified copies of your samples.

The attached macro set has two macros. The first is called "Create_Callout". To use it, select the part you want to create a callout for. Then run the macro. You'll then be prompted to specify your start and end points for the callout.

Run this on each part. It does take longer than the built-in tool, but if you use a custom toolbar it helps. Also note that hitting the space bar is the same as clicking OK on user prompts.

Once done, run the Export_PartNumber_List macro. This will export a simple text file with two columns. First is the callout number and second is the part number. File is tab delimited. You can tweak this export as indicated in the macro comments.

The iso file is what you sent me, but I used the macro to recreate the callouts. The XML file is the resultant export from the latter macro mentioned.

Let me know if this works for you.

Hi Trevor,

I tryed to run the macro on a new file but after selecting the item and the message "select start point..." an error message appreared.

I enclose the iso file and the error. Do you know what happened.

If you want to make a web conference to see it working, no problem!

Regards,

Massimo

Oops. This is a problem I try to avoid. I have a ism file filled with global variables that I use regularly. When I create a macro for the forum I always try to define them all again, but missed one. The block of code that does the points was a copy and paste from one of my production macros.

The attached macro has the myME variable defined. Should take care of the problem.

Great job!

Trevor, you're brilliant! It worked!

Even if it should be done for one item at time, it surely help.

Do you think it will be possible to include it in the Isodraw command (macro?) that generates the callouts automatically?

Regards,

Massimo

Try this update. Run the macro called Create_Callout on a file without any callouts. Once this is done, then run the Export_PartNumber_List macro.

A couple enhancements that I could think of are:

1) Have the first macro automatically call out the second.

2) Have the first macro delete any callouts before starting. At this point you'll get wierd behavior if your file already contains callouts.

3) Count of parts. This would take a little time to code, but basically you could get a count of how many times a particular part appears in the file. Example shown below.

Callout # Part number Count

1 00-46546 3

2 00-31231 1

3 00-46546 3

4 00-46546 3

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Thank you for your macro!

How can I export the X/Y-Coords of the Callouts? I need the left-top position and the bottom-right position of the numbers from the top-left corner of the image.

When I use your example file and export it to a tif-image the resolution is 3739x2642. The coords for number 1 should be approximately 835/1264 and 868/1295.

Top Tags