cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Modify Table Border error message

rpaisley
1-Newbie

Modify Table Border error message

After converting from 5.3 to 7.0 I found, when editing a table, I am getting an odd error when I attempt to use the editmenu.cf item Table->Modify Borders... .

The message states:

"[A30355] IDispatch error #8960 evaluating script: ??"

where the first word is IDispatch (leading I) and the ?? is generally a short string of Unicode characters that looks like random memory data.

After selecting OK on the error dialog a variation of the previous Modify Cell Borders (now named Modify Borders) dialog does come up however, the preview portion of the dialog does not have a preview displayed and I cannot change border settings for my table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After working with my IT people and PTC the issue was found.

Beware, all developers on Windows, if you have Administrator rights there are some capabilities you may not be allowed to perform.

One of these is accessing ActiveX components via the command window/line.

This appears to be a Windows safety constraint so users with administration rights cannot accidentally do themselves harm.

Something to consider when testing changes for your customers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I have dug in deeper and the command "TableBorders" is where the issue occurs. There is some difference from the 5.3 to 7.0 startup which triggers the error but only if I edit my document using the custom environment I have set up for my customer. If I open the document "raw" the "TableBorders" command does not issue the warning.

I work in a closed environment so if there is updated documentation on line detailing the startup/initialization process for AE 7.0 can anyone point me to it?

As I dug into the lower level ACLcode I found the error occurs in _xmldlg::processDialog (located under PTC.ArborText Editor.packages.main) when making the event_process call.So far no other indication as to why this error is generated. Can anyone point me to the cause of an error #8960?

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:rpaisley)

Hi Robert,

These errors are varied, but one issue comes to mind.

Is it possible your registry entries for Editor got messed up?

We've run into an issue like this where the resolution was simply to run unreganyserver then regserver on the correct Editor exe

After working with my IT people and PTC the issue was found.

Beware, all developers on Windows, if you have Administrator rights there are some capabilities you may not be allowed to perform.

One of these is accessing ActiveX components via the command window/line.

This appears to be a Windows safety constraint so users with administration rights cannot accidentally do themselves harm.

Something to consider when testing changes for your customers.

Hi Robert--

Thanks for sharing what you discovered. That's good to know.

--Clay

Top Tags