cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Modifying stylesheet to include a generated label in a cross reference link

nelsoncr
2-Guest

Modifying stylesheet to include a generated label in a cross reference link

I'm working with xml/sgml and am very new to stylesheets (working with one created by someone else), and am trying to have a generated label be clickable along with the target xref. 

The paragraph numbering style is X.X, but I would like the hyperlink to read "Paragraph X.X", and have the word "Paragraph" be selectable in addition to the "X.X".

The stylesheet section that is controlling the cross reference format is as follows:

<att logic="or">
<!--[A61032] For Condition:
IF XPath expression (starts-with(@xrefid, 'p')) is true-->
<specval attname="starts-with(@xrefid, 'p')" attloc="#xpath" attval="1"/>
<charsubset>

<savetext textid="aftertext"
conrule='!<_sfe:BeforeOrAfterText xmlns:_sfe="http://www.arbortext.com/namespace/Styler/StylerFormattingElements"
xmlns:_ufe="http://www.arbortext.com/namespace/Styler/UserFormattingElements">Paragraph <_sfe:CrossReference>!,#XREF(xrefid,Label_Number.xref),!</_sfe:CrossReference
></_sfe:BeforeOrAfterText>!'
placemnt="after"/>
<savetext textid="beforetext" conrule="\\" placemnt="before"/>
<savetext textid="repeat_title.txt" conrule="\\"/>
<savetext textid="repeat_title_bottom.txt" conrule="\\"/>

</charsubset>
</att>

The reference format for the Label_Number is as follows

<ReferenceFormat referenceFormatName="Label_Number"><_gte:Translate
translate="off" id="A68f5c4eb-b1b0-4e80-bde8-50515a10c03b"><_gte:Target
lang="en"><_gte:ElementLabelAndNumber/></_gte:Target></_gte:Translate
></ReferenceFormat>

I tried creating a reference format specifically for the purpose of including that "Paragraph" label, and substituted the it's name for the "Label_Number.xref" in the controlling code, but it didn't seem to work. 

Again, I'm very new to all of this and have little understanding of what's actually occurring, any thoughts or ideas would be helpful, thank you all. 

3 REPLIES 3

That looks like a Styler stylesheet, do you have Arbortext Styler? It gives you a dialog box to edit these.

Yes, I have Styler, and I've tried to modify that tag using it, but it seems like Styler changes don't have any effect on the <e-i-c> sections?

In that case this may be "Edited Source". This is where the Styler stylesheet has had low-level overrides applied to the stylesheet code. You will have to learn the code, or go back to whoever set this stylesheet up to get them to update. It wouldn't be that tricky to learn if you are technically inclined, PTC used to offer training courses etc.

Once you know what to do, basically you would save away your Edited Source, reverse the Edited Source and create a new Edited Source to see what is different. You then update your Styler stylesheet as required, and re-apply the Edited Source by applying those identified differences. It's a bit of a pain but usually not too onerous.

Top Tags