cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Modifying the default Editor View of CALS Tables

ChrisWestern
7-Bedrock

Modifying the default Editor View of CALS Tables

Hi all

I am looking for a way to customise the default CALS table rule display behaviour of Arbortext Editor v8 "Editor view".

The standard/menu driven way to achive diferent rules in a table display is to modify the relevant table attributes. For example, these 2 attribute changes would give what is required:

<table frame=”topbot”>
<thead><row rowsep=”1”> //first row in thead

But because of post processing systems and outsource providers we want to have these rules displayed for the authors, but with no attributes or any other markup changes, so change the fixed defaults of the built in Editor view.

I have looked into DCF edits, stylesheet properties, preferences, FOSI edits without finding any documention/path.

Does anyone know how best to achive this or which source files contain the relevant code to hack!?

Many thanks
Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Confirmed by PTC dev, this is hard coded and cannot be modified.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hey Chris, hope all is well 🙂 I think this behaviour is buried deep down in the guts of Arbortext. The easy path would just be to set the attributes when loading the document then strip them all away again when saving the document. Arbortext CALS tables are not very customisable...

Hey Gareth
Thanks for adding your thoughts, I was hoping not to have to do this, but if it's all locked away I guess I'm a bit stuck with a clunky solution if they decide it's a must have.
Cheers 🤜
Chris

Confirmed by PTC dev, this is hard coded and cannot be modified.

Top Tags