cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

New Version of Plugin-API for IsoDraw

atwupack
1-Newbie

New Version of Plugin-API for IsoDraw

Hello,

we have been using a plugin for Arbortext IsoDraw for nearly 15 years now. Originally it had been developed using version 5.0.1 of the IsoDraw API and still works with the current version 7.3.

Now there is the problem that our customer has switched to floating licenses and this change is not compatible with the plugin. Version 5.0 of the API does not know about floating licenses and it seems that IsoDraw send an event to the plugin which has been introduced especially for floating licenses.

Therefore we need to update our plugin to the current version of the API for IsoDraw 7.3 but I could not find any documentation or C header files / API source. I still have them for version 5.0.1 in our SVN repository but there seems to be nothing from PTC.

Has someone here used the IsoDraw plugin API in recent years? Is there some link where to download the API and its documentation? Or do I have to contact PTC directly for that information?

Kind regards

André Twupack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Haven't had a need. So far we've been able to do everything via macros at this point. Seems like PTC still supported the API but development seemed to be dropping off. I think you'll need to get anything in regards to the API directly from them.

As another route, can you advise what this plug-in actually does? If it's 15 years old there's a possibility it's now in IsoDraw or might be able to be recreated via macro which has significant documentation as well as a fairly active support group on the forums.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Haven't had a need. So far we've been able to do everything via macros at this point. Seems like PTC still supported the API but development seemed to be dropping off. I think you'll need to get anything in regards to the API directly from them.

As another route, can you advise what this plug-in actually does? If it's 15 years old there's a possibility it's now in IsoDraw or might be able to be recreated via macro which has significant documentation as well as a fairly active support group on the forums.

Thank you for the quick reply.

The plugin is used to convert CGM images into different output formats like SVG or PNG. It is called using the command line to use IsoDraw as a converting tool from another application. To switch to another command line tool is maybe possible but then a complete rewrite of the logic in our plugin would be needed.

Before we go down this route I will try to contact PTC first.

André

Good luck. Doing a macro approach would likely be pretty simple just so you are aware. You could then call IsoDraw passing in the file name and macro name.

Thanks again. If we get problems using the old API we will have to switch to using macros.

ptc-1531523
4-Participant
(To:atwupack)

Hello,

Itedo did update the IsoDraw API during the IsoDraw 6 days, but that was the last update. There were a few new features in that final update, but the API still used C-style (non Unicode) character strings. PTC discontinued support of the API a few years ago. I re-architected my IsoDraw plug-in program to use IsoDraw macros and a new companion Java application; we just couldn't drag the plug-in approach forward any longer.

Ron Klinck

There is no separate manual on Arbortext IsoDraw API in the accessible "Reference Documents" documentation list on PTC's site, link: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp

Top Tags