cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Object out of context - Arbortext XML

DS_9613494
5-Regular Member

Object out of context - Arbortext XML

Hello all,

I'm authoring a TM in XML using Arbortext and Notepad to the MIL-STD-40051D. When I open the TM in Arbortext I get the following errors:

"Document is structurally invalid at the cursor.

<titleblk> in entry &titleblk-XXXX is out of context. Context rules are being turned off..."

I click OK and the Completeness Check Log pops up with the following:

"Completeness Errors

Object out of context titleblk-XXXX: titleblk"

The cursor is put at the first line of the titleblk. It doesn't give me anymore information than that. When I open the titleblk-XXXX.xml in Arbortext by itself, there are no context errors. Can Arbortext show me where the problem is other than just pointing to the specific .xml file??? Or, at the very least, give me a hint where to start? If this program can detect an issue, why can't it show me what that issue is?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

The following links may be helpful to you:

1. "Context Checking": http://support.ptc.com/help//arbortext/r8.0.0.0/en/index.html#page/editor/editor_help/help995.html 

2. "Receiving errors A11118 and A31438 when opening a document in Arbortext Editor": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs148941 

Also, please specify which version of the program you are using.

DS_9613494
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Thank you for your response, out company had an issue with the invoice from PTC, so I was without it for a few weeks. I'm using Arbortext 8.0.0.0.

I was able to get the document in context by fixing titleblk.xml. It was messed up a bit. I had to compare it to another titleblk.xml we had to find the issue. It was a long time ago, so I don't know what the exact issue was.

The links you provided told me about being in context  and about completeness checking, but nothing about tracking issues down to their problem. I write the xml, in-part, for IADS  (Army app) and it provides line #s in the .xml where the error is. So I've been using that to troubleshoot my doc. Opening the correct .xml in notepad and editing it there. Arbortext works great when the document is in context. But, if it goes out of context and you don't know why, Arbortext isn't very useful.

Top Tags