cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

PDF Bookmark Collapse

BrettMcCorkle
1-Newbie

PDF Bookmark Collapse

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way to have all of the bookmarks Arbortex produces in a PDF to be collapsed by default? It would be nice to control this, but I don't see anything in the PDFCF configuration. Using 6.0 M080 PE.

Thanks,

-Brett

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Brett--

I don't think there's a way to control this on a simple document-wide scale. But if you generate your own PDF bookmarks instead of letting Styler (or FOSI) do it, you can control it at the individual bookmark level, e.g. you could have the top level expanded to show the chapters, but each chapter collapsed, or the first chapter fully expanded, and the rest collapsed, or whatever you want.

The Help Center contains information about the markup to generate in order to make this work. The instructions are written for FOSI use, but they also work using Styler via gentext. In the Help Center, search for "creating pdf bookmarks using fosi" and it will take you to the instructions. In the markup sample they show, notice that you can specify, for an individual bookmark, a "state" attribute, e.g.

<atidmd:bookmark state="closed">
<atidmd:title>List of Figures</atidmd:title>
</atidmd:bookmark>

to control whether it's open or closed on startup.

--Clay

I've found this useful (especially the embedded DTD fragment link):

Thanks guys! I figured it was going to involve FOSI changes. Time to start fiddling!

Probably get a lot farther with a keyboard. Unless it's one of those USB fiddles... 😉

Just don't be fiddling while things are burning down around you. 😄

Lynn

The section of my not-yet-published book that covers FOSI and PDF bookmarks can be downloaded from here:

Top Tags