cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

PDF bookmarks and supressed content

JasonBuss
1-Newbie

PDF bookmarks and supressed content

I am working on an issue that I couldn't find a thread for in the archives. Using Editor 5.4 M100 on Win7 with Print Composer.

Anyway, I am trying to generate a PDF of several chapters containing one or more figures (illustrated parts breakdowns). One of the requests is that each figure generate a PDF bookmark underneath the corresponding chapter. Simple enough, no? No...

The requested bookmark is the content of child element title, of each figure, which is suppressed, and emitted as gentext after the display of the illustrated parts explosion. Turns out, if your FOSI suppresses element content, you cannot auto-generate a bookmark from that element in the DCF.

I cannot emit this title (even at 2pt in white) because the current coding forces a new pageset for the illustration, and since the illustration is the first displayed item in the figure, this goofs up the ordinal pages (one page for the title, next page is illustration, next page part list, and so on).

Rewriting this would be a time suck-hole that I don't want to entertain if I can avoid it.

If anyone can offer suggestions, I would appreciate it. If I have to do this the hard way, so be it, but I'd like to say I did my due diligence on this one...

Thanks,

-Jason
2 REPLIES 2

Are the figures always full-page figures? If so, you could save some text from the figure title and use it in the page footer.

Oh, but this doesn't help your bookmark problem either...
Announcements

Top Tags