cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

PEGraphicPI Question

ptc-3050150
1-Newbie

PEGraphicPI Question

Finally traced down my seemingly intermittent disappearing graphic issue.

Set pegraphicpi=on solves MOST of my problems in lost graphics when composing on the PE.

What I've learned is that it does not set a pi if a graphic is not, well, called a graphic.

Is there any place I can add the other Army 40051 tags to get graphic pi's to be sent to the PE? We have icons, symbols, all sorts of graphics that simply are not called <graphic>. To make things a bit worse, the Army calls the graphic source "boardno" - I guess that makes it simpler because all graphics have that terminology with this DTD, but it is not the same terminology as Arbortext.

This is maddening. If I put all the graphics on the server, I can't reference them with the server's name (\\myserver\graphics) but have to use a drive letter (in this case J:). But to the server, J: isn't really real and gets ignored because the server is run from the main admin account (or something like that). Without the PI, just saying "fire.bmp" means too little and the graphic doesn't get found.

John T. Jarrett
BAE Systems | Arbortext version 5.4 | LOGSA XSL-FO v 1.7

3 REPLIES 3

Hi John-

You are using XSL-FO, correct? In that case, it may be that your XSL
stylesheet is not copying the _graphic_data PI's into the output FO
instance. So, if you've added code in your XSL stylesheet to copy that
PI over for <graphic>, but not for all the other graphic-type elements,
you just need to make sure that you update the stylesheet to copy over
the PI any time there's a graphic-type element (even if it's not called
"graphic").

--Clay

Oh that's right! Forgot about the code you sent me. *bangs head on desk* Good thing I just got a new leatherette wrist wrest.

John T. Jarrett CDT
Sr. Tech Writer, Tech Pubs, ILS, Land & Armaments/Global Tactical Systems

T 832.673.2147 | ext 1147 | -<">mailto:->
BAE Systems, 5000 I-10 West, Sealy, Texas USA 77474
www.baesystems.com

For history's sake, LOGSA had implemented the code you (Clay) sent me a few months ago for the graphic tag:

<xsl:copy-of select="following-sibling:Smiley Tonguerocessing-instruction('Pub')[contains(.,'_graphic_data')]"/">

We use WMFs, by the way.

I added this line before the close-template tag for icon-set, symbol, and inline graphic, and now they show up.

Of course, when doing a Compose | PDF File, I still get no graphics AT ALL, but that's obviously a different issue. Print Composed to a PDF driver works just fine...but not the PE's internal PDF driver.

Thanks!

John T. Jarrett CDT
Sr. Tech Writer, Tech Pubs, ILS, Land & Armaments/Global Tactical Systems

T 832.673.2147 | ext 1147 | -<">mailto:->
BAE Systems, 5000 I-10 West, Sealy, Texas USA 77474
www.baesystems.com
Announcements

Top Tags