cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Parser messages with FOSI file when I use Arbortext Editor 6.1

dgopois
12-Amethyst

Parser messages with FOSI file when I use Arbortext Editor 6.1

Hello,

When I Use a FOSI file with Arbortext Editor 6.1 M090, I have the following errors, but when I use Arbortext 6.0 M100, I don't have errors. Why these errors when I Use Arbortext Editor 6.1. Can you help me?

Regards,

David

ERROR: on line 3: Public literals must consist of minimum data characters; _ is not a minimum data

character. Replace with an alphanumeric character or one of the following: ( ) + - , . ' / : =

ERROR: Quantity limit ATTSPLEN exceeded. The required quantity value is 969; the currently declared

maximum value is 960. The following elements are currently open: FOOTER PAGESPEC RECTOPG

PAGESET PAGEDESC OUTSPEC . The following entities are open: C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext

Editor\custom\doctypes\IPD41\Schemas\ipd.fos

ERROR: Quantity limit TAGLEN exceeded. The required quantity value is 976; the currently declared

maximum value is 960. The following elements are currently open: USETEXT FOOTER PAGESPEC

RECTOPG PAGESET PAGEDESC OUTSPEC . The following entities are open: C:\Program

Files\PTC\Arbortext Editor\custom\doctypes\IPD41\Schemas\ipd.fos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dgopois
12-Amethyst
(To:dgopois)

Hi, I have found the solution. My problem is not related to the software version but to a recording preference (Writeaticomment). When the parameter is deactivated, the file is parsed relative to the SGML declaration at each opening. In the file, when the parameter is deactivated, the line "<! - Arbortext, Inc., 1988-2013, v.4002 ->" is missing. In fact, my FOSI File is not totally complient with the SGML declaration.

Regards, David.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dgopois
12-Amethyst

Hi, I have found the solution. My problem is not related to the software version but to a recording preference (Writeaticomment). When the parameter is deactivated, the file is parsed relative to the SGML declaration at each opening. In the file, when the parameter is deactivated, the line "<! - Arbortext, Inc., 1988-2013, v.4002 ->" is missing. In fact, my FOSI File is not totally complient with the SGML declaration.

Regards, David.

bschanck
5-Regular Member

These errors are due to the SGML declaration associated to the FOSI. The SGML declaration was originally written for PC back in the 80's and 90's that had memory (RAM) limitations. The second two errors will not effect the FOSI but are ignoring. The first error is again in the SGML declaration for the FOSI (Outspec DTD). The NAMING characters must not allow the "_" in the declaration.

You can change the the SGML Declaration for your system if you have admin rights and Architect to recompile the DTD. The file is in C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext Editor\doctypes\outspec\outspec.dcl. The following information needs to be changed in the file.

• Under the NAMING locate the LCNMCHAR and UCNMCHAR and add to each the "_"
  • Under the QUANTITY SGMLREF locate the ATTSPLEN and increase from 960 to 999999.
  • Under the QUANTITY SGMLREF locate the TAGLEN and increase from 960 to 999999.
  • Need to recompile the outspec DTD

The next time you use the FOSI these errors on your computer will not be a problem.

dgopois
12-Amethyst
(To:bschanck)

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

David

Top Tags