cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Problem using isodraw 7.1 when saving and exporting

ptc-4684651
1-Newbie

Problem using isodraw 7.1 when saving and exporting

Hi I am using Isodraw 7.1 build M070.

While I open and save the file from a location I do not find any problem.

But When I use Save As option to save the file to 7.0 or others the file gets saved in the different location (This location corresponds to the previous navigated saved as location).

The same problem persists when I try to export also.

I do not have the batch file for import and export also as in Isodraw 7.0.

So Could anyone help me out of this problem and even share the batch file (import and export) for Isodraw 7.1.

6 REPLIES 6

... ask PTC ...

it's not a bug - it's a feature ... We should get accustomed to the fact.

TimSharp
6-Contributor
(To:mbalko)

I don't think we should get accustomed to the fact. This was added without any warning and there should be a setting to toggle between the new way and the old way.

We got so fed up with 'losing' our drawings that after 2 weeks of using 7.1 we reverted back to 7.0 and have not upgraded since.

I thought I'd heard that this save feature had been reversed in later releases, am I wrong?

... We should get accustomed to the fact ...

That was not my statement. That's what I had heared from PTC as I myself have complained. Apparently, this was a desire by many customers.

TimSharp
6-Contributor
(To:mbalko)

Sorry I didn't mean to be critical of you Markus, I was of course getting at PTC who did the change without giving us a way out of it.

Never fear. I understood you correctly. I just wanted to emphasize the opinion of PTC.

I created a custom tool bar that has some buttons that run macros to export the images. We export a jpg to a certain folder and cgm to another.

Macro export jpeg

# recorded with Arbortext IsoDraw 7.3

Save

Define final as string

final="FILE PATH HERE" + stripext(activedoc.name) + ".jpg"

Export final "JPEG"

End Macro

Macro export CGM to sp_windrower image folder

# recorded with Arbortext IsoDraw 7.3

app.interaction=false

Save

Define final as string