cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Problem with ACL com_attach("Sepe.EditSupport") in Editor 6.0

rboneti
1-Newbie

Problem with ACL com_attach("Sepe.EditSupport") in Editor 6.0

Hi,

In Arbortext Editor 5.2 version, the ACL function com_attach("Sepe.EditSupport") returns a non-zero handle, but in 6.0 M100 version, always returns zero. How can I solve this problem in version 6.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

• One difference between 5.2 and 6.0 is that with 6.0 there are 64-bit versions of Editor available.
  • For the "com_attach" to work when using a custom .dll, the .dll must match Editor's "bitness" , either 32-bit or 64-bit.
  • If the customization is a ".dll" then make a 64-bit version of it to test with 64-bit Editor
  • If using a 32 bit .dll customization you can test with a 32 bit version of Arbortext Editor 6.0
This example run at the Editor command line, will return a "1" if the "com_attach" command works:
$h = com_attach('Arbortext.EditorControl'); eval $h

Tim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

• One difference between 5.2 and 6.0 is that with 6.0 there are 64-bit versions of Editor available.
  • For the "com_attach" to work when using a custom .dll, the .dll must match Editor's "bitness" , either 32-bit or 64-bit.
  • If the customization is a ".dll" then make a 64-bit version of it to test with 64-bit Editor
  • If using a 32 bit .dll customization you can test with a 32 bit version of Arbortext Editor 6.0
This example run at the Editor command line, will return a "1" if the "com_attach" command works:
$h = com_attach('Arbortext.EditorControl'); eval $h

Tim

Hello,

I'm trying to use Arbortext Editor 6.1 instead of 6.0 and the application rises the same exception mentioned above.

I tryed Epic 6.1 32bits with 32bits DLLs in 32 and 64bits Windows environment, and the exception always rises.

There is no further messages throwed by Arbortext Editor unless:

---------------------------

PTC Arbortext Editor Message

[A30211] com_call: Exception thrown while calling method ConnectSession

(at line 271 of file ".....\packages\srv_ext.acl")

OK

When oppening the document.

We tryed a previous version of Arbortext Editor and it worked fine.

If we use a different application to call the COM methods, they are correctly instantiated and work fine.

Any ideas?

Thankyou

What is srv_ext.acl?

I do not see it in the Arbortext Editor installation?

According to the error message something appears to be incorrect at line 271.

Hello Tim, how are you?

You are wright. It is not a built in acl program. It is a custom one, and at that line there is a com_call( from native ACL api command) to instantiate the related object. But Editor is returning an exception and nothing more...

I tryed what you stated in previous post and If i run in the Editor command window:

$h=com_attach("Sepe.EditSupport");eval $h; the popup window displays 1.

And after that if I run com_call($h,"ConnectSession","basename") a dialog for username and password is displayed and after it is supplied the exception is risen.

Is there any way to instruct the editor to give back more details about the exception? or other checks that could be done to try to identify the problem?

Thankyou

Hello Tom, just an update for this subject.

In the code there were an ACL if ( access("$variable_with_path/../pathtodll/file.dll",'r')) { ... portion of code just before the commands described above.

I noticed in the trace log that we enabled, that at $variable_with_path the path had something like c:\dir1\dir2\dir3 and the second part, fixed on the code, folders separated by "/".

This way when we logged the entire path to the DLL file, the output was c:\dir1\dir2\dir3/../pathtodll/file.dll

I changed all of them to "\" and the problem stopped occurring.

The previously mentioned ACL expressions/commands were inside the if loop ...

It worked as is (without the change in the code to "\" ) until Epic 5.2 M030.

Any ideas?

Thankyou very much.

Top Tags