cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Problem with Table Column Alignment in S1000D Output

GregoryMackenzi
1-Newbie

Problem with Table Column Alignment in S1000D Output

Arbortext 5.3, CSDB 4.3 M060

I ran into a problem, in one table I selected the entire column and set the para containing the "0" to align right. The issue is that it does not align right in the S1000D output even though the colspec is clearly set to align="right:

<table colsep="1" frame="all" id="tab-0006"

rowsep="1" tocentry="0">

<tgroup cols="3"><colspec colwidth="12.50pi"/>

<colspec align="right" colwidth="6.50pi"/>

<colspec colwidth="18.80pi"/>

<tbody>

<row>

<entry>

<para>Something</para>

</entry>

<entry>

<para>0</para>

</entry>

Yet in another table I have a different result, and the column containing the 0 does align right when it is printed to PDF, the difference is that in this table the entry has an attribute align="right set on it:

<table colsep="1" frame="all" id="tab-0005"

rowsep="1" tocentry="0">

<tgroup cols="3"><colspec colname="COLSPEC6"

colwidth="12.50pi"/><colspec colwidth="6.50pi"/>

<colspec colname="COLSPEC7" colwidth="18.80pi"/>

<tbody>

<row>

<entry>

<para>Something Else</para>

</entry>

<entry align="right">

<para>0</para>

</entry>

WHY? Tests reveal a difference:

• If I select the entire column containing the 0 and use the align button it doesn’t add the attribute to the entry. Selecting the entire column applies the alignment to the colspec and not the entry.

• If I select a partial range of cells in the entire column and use the align button, then the align attribute is entered at the entry level.

The difference is problematic, it would appear that the stylesheet doesn't output the correct format as it should when align is only applied to colspec.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Top Tags