cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Programmatically find the DTD for the current document

dyerme
3-Visitor

Programmatically find the DTD for the current document

How can I get ACL or C# to give me the full path and filename to the DTD for the current file? In C#, I'm able to get the filename only (no path) by using a node's OwnerDocument.Doctype.SystemId property. In ACL, I'm trying to use the dtd_decl_path() function, but it just won't give me any results when I supply it with the Public Id and catalog path. I've also tried the catalog_resolve() method, which is similar, but with no success.

Obviously this data is available to Arbortext; I just can't figure out how to get to it. It seems as though I shouldn't have to supply a Public Id, or catalog path, or anything since Arbortext has already resolved all of this and is quite aware of the DTD and its location. This information show up on Help -> Session -> Document tab. How can I get ACL to give me this info?

2 REPLIES 2

The ACL function doc_type_file() returns the path and filename of the DTD/schema  used for the current document. doc_type_dir() returns the path without the DTD/schema filename.

Suzanne Napoleon

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Thanks so much! I knew it had to be something simple (that I should've found in the Reference Guide).

Top Tags