cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Publish For web Help request

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Publish For web Help request

Good morning, we are starting to work on creating html output. As I am completely new to this where do I start? I have copied over the framesets folder to my application. I would like to remove the  related links that are created, where do I look to do this.

Thanks

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bryon--

If you haven't already solved this one, it's controlled by Styler. When you publish a DITA-style document (including SMA and TIA), it pulls all the content together into a Resolved Document for Styling (RDS) and then pushes that through the publishing pipeline. When it builds the RDS, it inserts markup to provide the metadata for related links.

To get rid of this output, just open your stylesheet and find the "related-links" element. It will have generated text that formats the links. Remove the generated text for the Web output format (or for "All Outputs" if you never want to see those links anywhere), and you should no longer get the links in your output.

For future reference, you can select Edit->Resolve Document->For Styling from the menus with your Map file open, and that will show you the content of the RDS, to make it easier to see what's actually going into the pipeline so you can modify styling as needed.

--Clay

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Bryon--

If you haven't already solved this one, it's controlled by Styler. When you publish a DITA-style document (including SMA and TIA), it pulls all the content together into a Resolved Document for Styling (RDS) and then pushes that through the publishing pipeline. When it builds the RDS, it inserts markup to provide the metadata for related links.

To get rid of this output, just open your stylesheet and find the "related-links" element. It will have generated text that formats the links. Remove the generated text for the Web output format (or for "All Outputs" if you never want to see those links anywhere), and you should no longer get the links in your output.

For future reference, you can select Edit->Resolve Document->For Styling from the menus with your Map file open, and that will show you the content of the RDS, to make it easier to see what's actually going into the pipeline so you can modify styling as needed.

--Clay

Thanks Clay.

Bryon

Top Tags