cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Publishing Engine Processing Status

SarahPrice
7-Bedrock

Publishing Engine Processing Status

Is there a way to tell if something is processing in Publishing Engine or if it is hung up?

I've sent a request for a large document but have no idea if it is actually processing or if it is hung up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is quite a generic error message. If the job has been moved to the TransactionArchive then it means that PE has finished processing the job e.g. PE itself hasn't crashed. The message about the job being "hung" means it didn't complete in the required timeframe.

If this is a small job, then I would suspect a stylesheet issue. If this is a large job, then it might actually need a longer time than the default "required timeframe". You can adjust timing parameters through the e3config.xml file on the PE server, I believe this is documented in the PTC Publishing Engine System Administrator Guide.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think you can see some basic status information from the E3 web application. Also, for a deep dive, and if you have access to the desktop of the PE server, you can look in the Tomcat folder to see the active jobs.

Thank you! After the job fails I'm able to go into the Transaction Archive and see the error. The error is...

com.arbortext.e3.E3HungSubprocessError: Subprocess '5280' hung while evaluating function '_e3::callJava('C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\temp\activeTransactions\rq_112')'.

Any experience with this error message?

This is quite a generic error message. If the job has been moved to the TransactionArchive then it means that PE has finished processing the job e.g. PE itself hasn't crashed. The message about the job being "hung" means it didn't complete in the required timeframe.

If this is a small job, then I would suspect a stylesheet issue. If this is a large job, then it might actually need a longer time than the default "required timeframe". You can adjust timing parameters through the e3config.xml file on the PE server, I believe this is documented in the PTC Publishing Engine System Administrator Guide.

Top Tags