cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Reload Software to a new machine

ptc-2003400
1-Newbie

Reload Software to a new machine

I'm trying to install IsoDraw 7.0 to a new machine, but I'm not having any luck. It a node-locked license. When I attempt to load it asks for a dongle (which went away years ago). Also, does it need FlexNet and if so, how do you load it for a single computer?

5 REPLIES 5

These are the steps I have used to redo machines in our office. we are node locked also.

You may need to return your license using the license management tools under support (www.ptc.com) click on support, then take out the license again using your current mac address. You then should have the license file saved in a folder labeled PTC in the root of your c: drive. You then may need to check your envirometal variables and ensure that under system variables you have a variable named "PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE". The variable value should lead to the license file that you saved in the folder labeled PTC in the root of your c: drive.

Hope this helps

Bryon

Bryon,

I indeed was able to make that change to the system variable, but I still can’t load IsoDraw 7 to my new machine. Do I still need to download and install FlexNet? This is the only machine in our office that requires the use of this product.

Thanks in advance.

Luis

You don't need FlexNet if it's a node locked license key.

if you returned the old license and requested a new one tied to the host id of your new machine then you should be done.

All,

I was able to load the software. I borrowed a good copy of the software. I had a bad copy. Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

LM

Hello,

Try to contact with PTC's technical support by creating new "Case" here ("Log a New Case"): http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/case/case_logger.jsp

Top Tags