cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

S1000D and Styler

SindyYoung
2-Guest

S1000D and Styler

Hello Everyone,

We are working with Arbortext Styler 5.4 M070 and S1000D 4.0 and 4.1 specifications.  We have two issues.

The first being that of paragraph numbering.

If the paras are nest more than 3 levels, the para numbering ends up looking something like this

?.1.1.1

No amount of coding corrects the issue.  We have tried everything we know to do.  so I am hoping someone out here has run into this issue and can help us figure this out.  It makes it very difficult for our authors to keep track of the paragraph numbering when it will not display correctly.

The second issue we have is with footnotes in tables number continously from one table to the next instead of restarting in the next table.

When I opened the stylesheet for S1000D Schema, and found the element footnote, It say that the information is not table related.  Styler help number 5126 says that in order for the renumbering to restart the footnot has to be in the context of a table.  Yet when I try that, I get a message that says the new context will override the current rule regarding footnotes.

I am hoping Clay, Liz, somebody can help us with this.  Any ideas from anyone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sindy Young

1 REPLY 1

Hi Sindy--

It's hard to say what may be causing these problems without knowing more about how your Styler stylesheet is set up. I would think it would be possible to make these work the way you want, but these specific problems aren't things I've come across before, so I can't say for sure.

Any chance you could post a copy of your stylesheet and a sample data module that illustrates the two issues? Or if not that, if you can just post the Styler code for the two troublesome elements (title in leveledpara, footnote in table), that might help in spotting the problem.

--Clay

Top Tags