cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Styler CSS for rounded corner tables in PDF

emoral
1-Newbie

Styler CSS for rounded corner tables in PDF

Hi all,

We create documents using Arbortext Editor and css with Syler and have a request to have tables in PDF with rounded corner.

The quick way we are trying is just create a rounded rectangle SVG and use that as a background to the content, putting the table in front of it. It is easy but not seems to be the WAY...

Also we think on creating the table as a Scalable Vector Graphics(SVG) object, and include that as an external-image in our XML document. SVG supports rounded corners, and XML supports SVG. It seems to add more complexity...

So we are searching the WAY as an specific or modified function on the Styler to programe the CCS to publish directly rounded corner tables. Does anybody know if it is possible and/or whow to do it?

Thank you!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Eduardo

Now I have a question I should have asked before. What Arbortext version are you using?

If you're on 6.0 or 5.4, you should be able to achieve the results with APP engine.

I have attached a .pdf with samples of what can be achieved in regards to block 'boxing'. Check <Editor>\samples\APP folder for more details. This folder in Editor 6 has more info, but 5.4 also has the sample .style for block 'boxing'.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Eduardo, for which types of output you need to get the functionality (i.e. HTML only, PDF only, HTML + PDF)?

Also, to make things clear, can you provide a sampe desired resulting output?

Hi Dmitry,

We need to publish on PDF. Other contents like HTML, PDA... are already "solved" by adding gifts at the table corners. Now, the tricky question is the PDF.

I attach an example (sorry for the blurred content) which you can understand better the situation, it is one working instruction from a set of hundreds, but this scenario is applicable to other type of documents. Typically documents with contents -text and illustrations- enclosed in a square or a table with variable height and / or width, that you want to show into rounded forms.

It is a question for other conversation... but talking about PDF created from Arbortext Suite I think PTC applications are far away from take real advantage of PDF enhanced visual capabilities (3D PDF catalogues, animated frames...).

Thank you for your help.

Eduardo

Now I have a question I should have asked before. What Arbortext version are you using?

If you're on 6.0 or 5.4, you should be able to achieve the results with APP engine.

I have attached a .pdf with samples of what can be achieved in regards to block 'boxing'. Check <Editor>\samples\APP folder for more details. This folder in Editor 6 has more info, but 5.4 also has the sample .style for block 'boxing'.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Dmitry,

That's the point... We have moved recently to 5.4 and our CSS are still formated under previous releases basis (Fosi), so we can not use directly the APP engine.

Now I have asked to plan it because our technologists are up of tasks and we will have the oportunity to check your solution. It seems that for the moment we have to use .svg headings and foots. Isn't so?

Thank you for your clear support.

Eduardo

I'm pretty much sure it's possible with FOSI too, but I'm not a FOSI expert and can't provide more details. I'd suggest to contact Suzanne Napoleon. She's a long time FOSI consulant for Arbortext Editor.

Check this page http://fosiexpert.com/tutorials.html for details.

Regards,

Dmitry

If you want to do round corners with FOSI, I suggest creating graphics of the round corners. Use boxing to output the sides of the box, so they adjust to the depth of the content. Use ruling for the top and bottom sides of the box. Use putgraph to output the corners of the box. You will need to use indent and various offsets, maybe negative prespace, to get everything aligned. <disclaimer>I have not done this myself.</disclaimer>

Please let us know your results!

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Thank you Suzanne,

That's the way we have solved such problems publishing to HTML. PDF results are less promissing as exact coincidence is not being achieved, so we are still using squared corners.

Best solution is to migrate our css to APP engine... step by step.

BR,

Eduardo Moral

Another thing you could try is to use lots of ruling categories to output tiny lines precisely indented and offset so as to form a curve. Similar to plotting a curve on a graph. I don't know if this will work, but it may be worth a try.

Good luck!

Suzanne

Top Tags