cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Suppress new line

thendricks
3-Visitor

Suppress new line

Is there a way to suppress the new line feed when using Fwrite or Log?

Here is the situation. I have multiple iso files with, on average, 30 text elements on a page. On each line of the output I need the file name, tab, and then a comma separated list of the text element content. With a 256 character limitation for variables building the string there is out. I also thought of using an echo statement with the Launch command but see that as being troublesome as they CMD windows will end up blocking access to file unless there is a pause inbetween (which I'm trying to avoid).

Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

No you can't supress the new line, but strings can have up to 512 characters.

Hi Trevor,

I not able to understand your question,

"With a 256 character limitation for variables building the string there is out."

Can you please elaborate.

In the CMD command you can use || inbetween each command line.

I got lucky on this that the original request changes. I had been pushing for an XML output which is what I currently have in place. They've now accepted.

In regards to piping in the command line, that does work but it does not address this issue. Again, on average there are 30 text elements, some up to 70 text elements (each containing 7 characters). That gives a possibilty of 490 charcters plus the 69 commas needed. Can't handle that by cmd line through the UI.

I did receive an answer outside the forum and the suggestion was using using multiple variables to build what I need and then just group them when I export the file. Didn't get to the point of programming it, but that approach seems like the logic would have played out.

Top Tags