cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Test and XPath in Styler 7.0

otudor
8-Gravel

Test and XPath in Styler 7.0

How many tests can Styler 7.0 handle? 46000 is too low...

How many characters an XPath expression can have in Styler 7.0? 1024 is too low...

Florin

6 REPLIES 6
SimonTaylor
12-Amethyst
(To:otudor)

Hi Florin

Can you please elaborate? Where are you finding these limits in Styler?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

In Arbortext Styler 6.0 once a context of an element is defined one can test the context by adding conditions in form of a New Attribute Test..., New Content Test..., New XPath Test..., and New Chunk Test... (see the picture).

If New XPath Test selected, then XPath expression length cannot exceed 1024 characters. If longer, then the expression would be truncated and therefore incomplete.

The number of conditions/test cannot be higher then 46000, see  https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS40095.

With the new Arbortext Styler 7.0 coming up in mid August 2015, I would like to know if these limits have been increased or not. I would be very happy to hear that they have been increased.

Have a blessed day.

Florin

XPath.png

SimonTaylor
12-Amethyst

Hi Florin

According to R&D the 46000 test issue was fixed in a 6.1 F000 and this is confirmed in the link you sent.

For the other limit, do you have an SPR or Community Idea related to this? That is the preferred way of getting changes to the software.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

For the other limit I do not have an SPR or Community Idea, but I know that 1024 chars is the limit from my own experience. I had XPaths longer than 1024 characters and they got truncated. Actually you can try it by putting in that text field any kind of text longer than 1024 chars and you will see the results. The length property of that text field is set to 1024, and would be a good idea to double it, considering that the XPath functions and axes names (like preceding-sibling or following-sibling) are quite long and can not be shortened.

Regarding the 46000 tests, I think the limit should be increased drastically. Just think that now days DTDs have by far hundreds of elements and thousand of attributes, and if needed to test most of the combinations element-attributes the number of tests increase dramatically.

If Styler 7.0 keeps the same limits, then would be a great idea to have them increased on the next release.

Thank you.

Have a blessed day!

Florin

Hi Simon,

Can you please confirm that the 46000 tests limit applies only to .fos file and not to a .style file? Meaning that .style file can make use of unlimited tests.

Thank you!

Have a blessed day!

Florin

rdiaz
5-Regular Member

Hi Oleg,

The SPR you point to was resolved in 6.1 F000 and later versions (including 7.0 F000 and later)

Hope this helps

Top Tags