cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

The problem about paste table in office word for the customized DTD.

lxie1
1-Newbie

The problem about paste table in office word for the customized DTD.

Dear all,

I meet a confusing problem.

When I using the Arbortext default DTD, such as topic, concept, we can paste table in office word to the xml, and it can generate the <table>

automatically.

But I customized some DTD, and create the topic, when I paste table in office word, not only table, also text, the Arbortext Editor will promet "agettext: Msgid not found in message file: CopyPaste failed to convert clipboard". Every time paste...

After I changed the pastesource preference to mif;rtf;txt (delete the htm), it didn't promet "agettext: Msgid not found in message file: CopyPaste failed to convert clipboard" again, but still I can't paste table in office word to xml. it will generate the <p>.

Did I lost some setting, or steps, or some check for the DTD? Could you give me any tips please?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Sorry I'm not overly familiar with how to get this working but I do know that the "smart" copy/paste from MS Word uses the Arbortext Import/Export technology to do the MS Word to XML conversion. It sounds like you need to customise the Import/Export MapTemplate that is used for smart copy/paste to support your custom DTD.

Thank you Gareth, I will try to config and use the Arbortext Import/Export!

Top Tags