cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Translation Capabilites in Arbortext

Sriram_Rammohan
1-Newbie

Translation Capabilites in Arbortext

Dear Users,

I am new to Arbortext and I am keen in achieving the translation capability that is possible through Arbortext. And I am using a Arbortext trial version for moment,

1.I tried to create a sample dita file with "Hello" as title. I am trying to translate Hello to different languages like French , German.

2. I exported the XLIF file from the new Style file and imported it back to the styler with out any modification.

3. I tried to edit the lanugage = "en" to "fr"/"de" and import the .dita file back to the Arbortext editor.

4. Publishing does not show any translation .

Pls help me on this topic considering the fact the trail version is used .

Regards.

Sriram Rammohan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arbortext does no translation. The value for translation in the DITA attribute is to quantify this text or document as a French translation, or Spanish. It will also activate composition functions such as H&J for the specific language, and allow use of stored values for each language (like the use of Warning might be stored and generated text and use the French or Spanish version for this word. You still have to translate the text outside of the editor (we use a commercial translation company) and then read that new translated data back into Arbortext.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Arbortext does no translation. The value for translation in the DITA attribute is to quantify this text or document as a French translation, or Spanish. It will also activate composition functions such as H&J for the specific language, and allow use of stored values for each language (like the use of Warning might be stored and generated text and use the French or Spanish version for this word. You still have to translate the text outside of the editor (we use a commercial translation company) and then read that new translated data back into Arbortext.

Top Tags