cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Turning e3 composition off Permanently

aleslie
1-Newbie

Turning e3 composition off Permanently

Hello

Does anyoneknow how to turn off e3 composition permanently? I know it's possible to set it to off within the command line for the current session via "set e3composition=off", but cannot see this option within Tools > Preferences.

If it's turned on, the Print Preview Options are disabled which I do not want.

Thanks,

Andy

3 REPLIES 3

It seems like you could just put a pubrc file containing a line of text reading, "set e3composition=off;" (without the quotes) in your doctype folder.

Hi Andy--

I'm not sure what version of Arbortext you're using, but in more recent
versions, the option is called "peservices". Set it to "off" to disable
Publishing Engine (nee E3) composition.

In Arbortext 5.4 and 6.0, there is a specific panel in the Preferences
dialog for setting Publishing Engine options. Or you can click
"Advanced" and scroll down to the "peservices" entry in the table.

--Clay

Clay Helberg

Senior Consultant

TerraXML

Hi Andy,

As Clay mentioned, you can change it in the preferences. Someone else also mentioned coding it. The best option to permanently turn it off is to put that coding in your %CUSTOM%\init folder in one of the ACL files (or create one if it one doesn't exist). That way, every time you start a session with Arbortext, you will have the services turned off. I know that "e3services" works in 5.3 and before. With 5.4 and above, you want to use "peservices" as the set option. They both do the same thing.

Hope this helps.

Bob

In Reply to Andy Leslie:

Hello

Does anyoneknow how to turn off e3 composition permanently? I know it's possible to set it to off within the command line for the current session via "set e3composition=off", but cannot see this option within Tools > Preferences.

If it's turned on, the Print Preview Options are disabled which I do not want.

Thanks,

Andy

Top Tags