cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Turning off Hyphenation when publishing

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Turning off Hyphenation when publishing

We are currently only able to publish to pdf via styler. I would like to turn off hyphenation I cannot seem to follow the help guide as I do not have the options under format. Am I missing something?

Excerpt:

Turning off hyphenation

You must explicitly turn off hyphenation to prevent words breaking at line ends.

1. To turn off hyphenation for an entire document:
  2. Choose Format Edit FOSI Components Document Default to open the Document Default style panel.
  3. Position your cursor on Hyphenation. Click the RIGHT mouse button and choose Add from the resulting popup menu.
  4. Set the enabled? value to “no.” Save and apply the Document Default style panel settings.

Note

If hyphenation is desired in a specific element-in-context, open its style panel, add hyphenation, and set the enabled? value to “yes.”

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had the same issue in editor 6. This is what I did with the help of PTC tech support

Open editor with styler

Open a ditamap

Click so your cursor is just below the servicemanualmap element at the top of the ditamap. ( I Would expect this will change with whatever style of topic you open i.e. procedure, task, concept, etc..)

On the tool bar click styler, edit stylesheet.

Check that you are on the elements tab, and that servicemanualmap ( I Would expect this will change with whatever style of topic you open i.e. procedure, task, concept, etc..) is selected and green. (Green refers that it is the top element)

Choose breaks, under print/pdf and RTF only, find word breaking and set to Do not break.

Bryon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pnagai
4-Participant
(To:bfriesen)

Hi Bryon,

Your best bet, if you haven't solved this or moved on already, is to join the Adepters mailing list where lots and lots of Arbortext users, admins, and developers hang out 24/7/366 (it is a leap year, you know!). Information on joining that list (as well as pointers to lots of other Arbortext resources) can be found here:

http://blog.single-sourcing.com/top-arbortext-resources

See also:

http://www.single-sourcing.com/company/social.html

Good luck!

I had the same issue in editor 6. This is what I did with the help of PTC tech support

Open editor with styler

Open a ditamap

Click so your cursor is just below the servicemanualmap element at the top of the ditamap. ( I Would expect this will change with whatever style of topic you open i.e. procedure, task, concept, etc..)

On the tool bar click styler, edit stylesheet.

Check that you are on the elements tab, and that servicemanualmap ( I Would expect this will change with whatever style of topic you open i.e. procedure, task, concept, etc..) is selected and green. (Green refers that it is the top element)

Choose breaks, under print/pdf and RTF only, find word breaking and set to Do not break.

Bryon

Top Tags