cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Unable to modify attributes using right-click or hot keys Ctrl+D using Arbortext Editor tool 8.2.1.0

SB_8240563
3-Visitor

Unable to modify attributes using right-click or hot keys Ctrl+D using Arbortext Editor tool 8.2.1.0

Unable to modify attributes using right-click or hot keys Ctrl+D using Arbortext Editor 8.2.1.0 and Modify attributes pop up not showing. 

5 REPLIES 5

Along with a few other folks I work with, I've been having this problem myself intermittently the last few days.  Seems to start working again eventually (after maybe 20 minutes and some closing, restarting, reopening, etc), but its really frustrating. For the record, its not just the right-click and ctrl+d that isn't working.  Selecting from the menus doesn't work either.  Basically, the Modify Attributes window will not open no matter what. 

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not sure if this is what you're experiencing or not, but we've encountered something similar where it appears the Modify Attributes window is not opening, after trying every method we can think of. I eventually discovered it was opening off-screen. Deleting the cache file or restarting multiple times worked sometimes, but we've had better success with the following method.

NOTE: After opening the Modify Attributes window, make sure you don't click anywhere with your mouse, or this will not work.

When the modify attributes window is open but not visible:

1. Hold [shift]+[alt]+[space] on your keyboard. This opens up a menu on the active window, which may or may not be visible on screen.

2. Press [M] on your keyboard. This selects the Move option, and snaps your mouse to the active window.

3. Click and drag the window onto the screen, 

OR

Press any of the arrow keys on your keyboard, then move your mouse without clicking to drag the window onto your screen.

Hopefully this helps. Again, I'm not sure if this is what you're experiencing, but it sounds like it might be, and this worked for us!

It works.  Thanks much!

Dear Jk,

I believe it is temporary solution. After clearing the cache and renaming .wcf file, it is working fine but day after again modify attribute not showing .Can you Please provide fixed/permanent solution for the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Bhaskar Kalluri.

Top Tags