cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

What image file format are you using in Editor?

bfriesen
16-Pearl

What image file format are you using in Editor?

We are currently creating an .idr file in Isodraw. We then export it to jpg and to cgm. The jpg is so you can see what the end result looks like and the cgm is put in a different folder where the manual is located. We then create a link in editor to the cgm, so it can be used in the manual. It seems that when you publish, every cgm is then converted to eps. Would we be better off using the idr files, instead of creating cgms??

thanks

Bryon

7 REPLIES 7

Arbortext Editor and Arbortext Publishing Engine do support idr graphics in the 6.0 M080 and up releases.

ctant
1-Newbie
(To:bfriesen)

Hi,

We used jpg in our documentation but the result was not ideal, so now we use eps but more often tif files. The eps sometimes disappears when generating PDF, Arbotext may have issues to handle vectorised files.

awall-2
1-Newbie
(To:ctant)

Hi, Cammille.

I wonder which kind of PDF toolkit were you using to help you generate PDF files. As for my self, both PDF and Tiff formats are OK with my Image Editor so far. Having a fine imaging and documentation editing tool is very helpful.

Best regards,

Arron

ctant
1-Newbie
(To:awall-2)

Hi Arron,

I use Arbortext Editor with styler to generate my PDF files and I use Adobe Illustrator to create and edit illustrations. The issue with eps is specific to my working condition, I get some eps from my japanese colleagues and it is really heavy and highly vectorised with a lot of layers. Because of that sometimes the Editor does not generate the eps illustration in my PDF.

My solution so far is to work with illustrator to create and edit eps before to export the eps to a tiff file. I handle two library of illustrations, one in eps and one in tiff.

Hi,

We usually use the eps or png.

When using eps files does the program recreate the eps in the aptcache folder? I wonder if this would speed up publishing?

Bryon

ptc-918103
5-Regular Member
(To:bfriesen)

I use PNG for web output and EPS for PDF output. I include both formats in my dita files for multi-channel publishing. You can exclude one in the output using Profiling or a ditaval file.

Top Tags