cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

When,adding,new,categories,and,values,in,a,interval,file,that,has,been,created,in,the,Arbortext,interval,editor,,how,do,you,get,the,profiles,to,appear,in,the,Apply,Profiles,dialog,box?

evorheis
1-Newbie

When,adding,new,categories,and,values,in,a,interval,file,that,has,been,created,in,the,Arbortext,interval,editor,,how,do,you,get,the,profiles,to,appear,in,the,Apply,Profiles,dialog,box?

I have added new categories and values in a new ditaval file using the Arbortext ditaval editor in v7. After having completed this task, I fully expected to see the new categories and values appear as options in the Apply Profiles dialog box. They did not appear and therefore I was not able to apply those values. Consequently I looked into this matter further and noticed that the .pcf file may need to be modified and so on. I work at a place I do not have access to the ditabase and .pcf files. The tools person is rather inexperienced and told me that the implementation of the new categories and calues in a ditaval file require specialization and changes in the DTD and thus requires a lot of work.

Although I am somewhat technical, I am not as familiar with the implementation of profiles in the Arbortext Editor, I was surprised to hear that DTD changes are required. Can someone please let me know at a very high level what is required to make the newly-added profiles in a ditaval appear as options in the Apply Profiles dialog box?

For example:

o Does it require modifications in the ditabase file?

o Does it require modifications in the .pcf file?

o Does it require modifications in the DTD?

Working with an inexperienced tools team member and not having access to some of these files makes me wonder why PTC added the ditaval editor in Arbortext if an additional skillset is required that a writer could not figure out. I am wondering if someone can answer the above-listed 3 questions at a 30K level and let me know what it actually takes to add new profiles in a ditaval file using the Ditaval Editor in Arbortext v7.0. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Moving to the Arbortext space to get the right eyes on the conversation.

Best,

Toby

Sounds like you have profiles already in use. In my experience with dita, you need to modify the .pcf file. This one will get the new profiles options to show. If you go to help, session, look at the cache directory, there will be a copy of the pcf file in there.

Bryon

Top Tags