cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

WindowActivated event doesn’t triggers correctly in custom application

Suneel
4-Participant

WindowActivated event doesn’t triggers correctly in custom application

I'm developing custom application for Arbortext V 7.0 using Java. My application needs active window id to load the JFrame. When I open any ditamap document the Resource Manager window on the left pane of Arbortext editor becomes the active window by default, my custom application loads on that window. However the WindowActivated event doesn't triggered when I try to switch the focus to editor window on the right pane by clicking the mouse button or modifying the text. The WindowActivated event for right side window triggers only when I minimize the editor and restore it.

This behavior cases my application to crash, as when I open the application it gets reference of Recourse Manager window, and when I click the button on application to read the content the focus automatically switches to editor window.

Questions:

1. Why the WindowActivated event triggers for Resource Manager window? As this happens only once and this event never triggeres again for same window though user switches the focus between editor windows.
  2. Why the WindowActivated event is not triggered when user switches the focus between the left or right pane in the same window?
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags