cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Working with bursted documents (Arbortext & Windchill)

aadal
1-Newbie

Working with bursted documents (Arbortext & Windchill)

Hello,

I'm new to PTC, though I've worked as a content management professional on similar platforms.

For a customer requirement I need to activate a feature on Arbortext editor.

Here is my question:

How can I upload Arbortext outputs that are authored from an ootb dita template as "Dynamic Document" to windchill server? I need this functions for reusable/ referable manners of Arbortext Editor.

Can you show me the simpliest/ basic way to activate this feature?

I use Arbortext 6.1 M20 and Winchill 10.2 M20.

Thanks,

Andaç

2 REPLIES 2

The standard configuration is to have Arbortext Editor connected to Windchill via the PTC Server adapter (which ships with Arbortext Editor). I believe Editor 6.1 is compatible with Windchill 10.2, so you should be able to achieve this connection using the documented method.

Once you have the connection active, you load Arbortext Editor, go to the Object menu and Connect to the server. Now you may author/edit DITA files either from the local filesystem or from Windchill itself. If you want to add a new document to Windchill, open it up in Arbortext Editor and from the File menu you have an option to Save as Server Object (or similar terms to that). This adds the file to Windchill as a proper Dynamic Document. All referenced graphics will also be uploaded to Windchill and linked to the document object in Windchill.

For the upload to Windchill to work, you must also have a suitable "burst configuration" in place. This configuration can be stored server-side or client-side. The procedure for applying and tailoring the burst configuration is also documented.

Have a look at the Help Centers for Arbortext and Windchill. I think this should give you enough information to go on.

Hello Gareth,

Thank you for your instructions and recommendations. Help Center has easy to understand topics and there are links at the bottom of each topic referencing other necessary topics.

We decided manual bursting for now, maybe on other requirements we can try bursting based on configuration files.

Good day,

Andaç

Top Tags