cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Xui table question

BrianJ
3-Visitor

Xui table question

I'm looking to get event notifications when a double-click is performed
on a row in a tablecontrol. I've tried several ways and get no errors or
exceptions (I'm creating and manipulating the xui in java), but I
haven't been able to find any that work. Anyone done something like this
before?

Thanks,
--

Brian Jensen
bjensen@bluelid.com

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Brian--

You can listen for the DOMActivate event on the tablecontrol. Check the
event detail to make sure it's a double-click, and then you can use the
value attribute on tablecontrol to learn which row is selected. Here's a
snippet from a XUI tablecontrol in one of my dialogs:

<tablecontrol columns="2" gridlines="true" id="attrtable"&lt;br"/>
value="xml:space" width="300">

<header id="attrtableheader">

<column label="Attribute"/">

<column label="Value"/"></header>

<script id="tablescript" ev:event="DOMActivate" type="text/javascript">

// if the user double-clicks, let them edit the selected value

// note that many of the hidden system attributes are not editable in
this way

if (Application.event.detail == 2) { // double-click

dlgdoc = Application.event.target.ownerDocument;

key = Application.event.target.getAttribute("value");

// do something here based on value of key

</script>

</tablecontrol>

This example uses inline JavaScript to handle the event, but it should
be easy to generalize it to a standard event handler function.

HTH

--Clay

Clay Helberg

Senior Consultant

TerraXML

BrianJ
3-Visitor
(To:BrianJ)

Clay,

Thanks, setting the dom activate event on the tablecontrol worked! I
thought I had tried that early on, but apparently not.

Brian Jensen
bjensen@bluelid.com

Cool, glad you got it worked out.

--C

Clay Helberg

Senior Consultant

TerraXML

ebenton
1-Newbie

Adepters,
The following is something which one of our developers has written up to describe a problem he is working on with Arbortext 6.0. When he refers to our "Arbortext plugins", he is talking about some dialog boxes that are launched using VB and some ACL code.

If you want to reply, you can reply back to Adepters or contact him directly via the email at the bottom of his message.

These are his words:

I've written up the following description of the issue we're having with Arbortext 6 shutdown that you should pass on to their support site or forum.

We're getting errors with Arbortext Editor 6 when closing the editor that didn't really show in Arbortext Editor 5.2 (more or less).

In Windows 7 the error is "Arbortext Editor for Windows has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." This message opens after we click to Close Arbortext Editor and the editor window has closed so it really doesn't make a lot of sense. This occurs after opening one of our xml documents then using one or more of our Arbortext plugins on the document (some, not all can cause this). This occurred less often with Arbortext Editor 5.2 in Windows 7 but it did occur.

In Windows XP the error is much more serious. The error is "The instruction at 0x004aa9c4 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program." This occurs after the following is done:

1. Open our xml document and edit it with one of our Arbortext plugins.

2. Close the editor (save or not doesn't matter with some plugins).

3. Reopen the editor with the same xml document with 65-70 seconds.

What happens is that upon closing the editor, the editor.exe process remains in memory (open) for 65-70 seconds then closes. So before that time is up we're apparently trying to open the same document while it's "still open" in Arbortext. This causes our program to crash eventually. I believe that we never saw this issue with Arbortext Editor 5.2 in Windows XP because it probably closed much faster than 6.0 does (we've noticed that 6.0 opens much slower than 5.2 did) but don't know that for sure. Maybe there's something new in 6.0 that we need to be doing (or not doing) now.

We're opening the editor from within our VB6 code using aclSingleUse, which I can no longer find any information on. This code has been in use for several years now without issue. Are there changes that we need to make for Arbortext Editor 6.0? Have any ideas atll about this? We've looked at all of our ACL and VB code to make sure we're killing off any objects (releasing handles) and cannot find anything that might be causing this.

Thanks,

Michael Grice
Computer Systems Architect Stf
Lockheed Martin Space & Strategic Missiles
Advanced Systems
-<">mailto:->
(321) 476-7456

Hello.

Did to try to declare at Arbortext Editor opening a "Session Quit Callback" (using ACL declaration such as session_add_callback('quit','MyPackage::fSessionQuitCallback',"PREPEND")), in which you deactivate/release all your plugins (using com_release for VB components) ?
Note that this supposes that you globally store handles of VB components.

Regards,
Sébastien

Le 26/06/2012 21:28, Benton, Ed L a écrit:
Adepters,The following is something which one of our developers has written up to describe a problem he is working on with Arbortext 6.0. When he refers to our “Arbortext plugins”, he is talking about some dialog boxes that are launched using VB and some ACL code. If you want to reply, you can reply back to Adepters or contact him directly via the email at the bottom of his message. These are his words: I’ve written up the following description of the issue we’re having with Arbortext 6 shutdown that you should pass on to their support site or forum. We’re getting errors with Arbortext Editor 6 when closing the editor that didn’t really show in Arbortext Editor 5.2 (more or less). In Windows 7 the error is “Arbortext Editor for Windows has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program.” This message opens after we click to Close Arbortext Editor and the editor window has closed so it really doesn’t make a lot of sense. This occurs after opening one of our xml documents then using one or more of our Arbortext plugins on the document (some, not all can cause this). This occurred less often with Arbortext Editor 5.2 in Windows 7 but it did occur. In Windows XP the error is much more serious. The error is “The instruction at 0x004aa9c4 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.” This occurs after the following is done:1. Open our xml document and edit it with one of our Arbortext plugins.2. Close the editor (save or not doesn’t matter with some plugins).3. Reopen the editor with the same xml document with 65-70 seconds.What happens is that upon closing the editor, the editor.exe process remains in memory (open) for 65-70 seconds then closes. So before that time is up we’re apparently trying to open the same document while it’s “still open” in Arbortext. This causes our program to crash eventually. I believe that we never saw this issue with Arbortext Editor 5.2 in Windows XP because it probably closed much faster than 6.0 does (we’ve noticed that 6.0 opens much slower than 5.2 did) but don’t know that for sure. Maybe there’s something new in 6.0 that we need to be doing (or not doing) now. We’re opening the editor from within our VB6 code using aclSingleUse, which I can no longer find any information on. This code has been in use for several years now without issue. Are there changes that we need to make for Arbortext Editor 6.0? Have any ideas atll about this? We’ve looked at all of our ACL and VB code to make sure we’re killing off any objects (releasing handles) and cannot find anything that might be causing this. Thanks, Michael GriceComputer Systems Architect StfLockheed Martin Space & Strategic MissilesAdvanced -(321) 476-7456

Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Send new post via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:
ebenton
1-Newbie

Thank you for responding. I have passed this on and we will see what happens. I will report the final resolution (if any) to this forum.

Top Tags