cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

format final index as tabmat?

kmccain
3-Visitor

format final index as tabmat?

Hi,

I have created a FOSI that produces a sorted numerical index for parts data. Right now, the final output is formatted with algroups and boxing. This kind of works but I would like to instead output the final index in tabular format like a gentable. I'm just not sure where to introduce the tabmat markup.

If I wrap the pseudo elements that save my index.app, I can get the tabular markup in the preliminary index but then I get no final index at all. Not good.

If I try adding the table markup to the final index pseudo elements, I get errors about unbalanced tags - I think because nothing I put in the <ixfinal> element seems to take effect, but I don't know where else to put the <tabmat> wrapper markup. I tried creating a new <_final> pseudo element but that didn't have any effect either.

Has anyone done this before? anyone have any hints how I can get this to work?

Thanks,

KM

3 REPLIES 3

Kim,

Chapter 5 of my book is availabe at my website. I think Figure 147 illustrates what you want to do.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Suzanne,

Thanks for the info. I followed your examples. I had to fiddle with it because I have nested <ixentry>s but I think I have it working up to a certain point.

I have the fulltags and settings turned on so I can see the final markup in my editor window and it looks correct: the entries show up in tabular format and in the correct sort order.

However, when I compose it or preview it, I get a whole page of empty rows and then extraneous parts data in the two columns on the next page, followed by the correct formatted data up to the end. I can't figure out where this extra stuff is coming from because it only shows up when I compose for print. It doesn't show up when viewing the final markup in the editor screen.

Have you ever seen this?

Thanks,

Kim

Be sure the e-i-cs that save their content are coded to be suppressed.

Suzanne

Top Tags