cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

how can i delete all the "P"sign at once?

ptc-4049594
1-Newbie

how can i delete all the "P"sign at once?

I often copy some table from the "excel" of the office software to the Arbotext, but each content has the "p" sign (see the picture)

how can i delete all the "P" sign at once? not hide them

please help me thanks very much!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is a icon in the tool bar that has a markup tag with a red X through it. If you click into the P element and click the button it will go away. If you select muliple cells it will only delete the markup in the last one selected. I made the same request to ptc support and was told the program is functioning correctly. I would expect that it should remove all the elements from the cells selected.

Here is the work around that I recieved posting this same question in the forums.

Create an acl script. Open a text editor copy the info below and paste it into the text editor save as remove_p.acl.

function remove_p_tags()

{

local oid = oid_first_tag()

local cnt

local i = 1

cnt = oid_find_children(oid, $arr, "p")

for ($i=1; $i<=$cnt; $i+=1)

{

if (oid_name(oid_parent($arr[$i])) == "entry")

{

goto_oid($arr[$i],-1)

dt

}

}

}

map F10 remove_p_tags();

Save this file in the init folder, restart your editor session, Click into your table and press F10, it should invoke the script to remove all the P elements.

Hope this helps

Bryon

Ps if you are using Excel, you can choose edit paste as excel, it then removes the P elements from the table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There is a icon in the tool bar that has a markup tag with a red X through it. If you click into the P element and click the button it will go away. If you select muliple cells it will only delete the markup in the last one selected. I made the same request to ptc support and was told the program is functioning correctly. I would expect that it should remove all the elements from the cells selected.

Here is the work around that I recieved posting this same question in the forums.

Create an acl script. Open a text editor copy the info below and paste it into the text editor save as remove_p.acl.

function remove_p_tags()

{

local oid = oid_first_tag()

local cnt

local i = 1

cnt = oid_find_children(oid, $arr, "p")

for ($i=1; $i<=$cnt; $i+=1)

{

if (oid_name(oid_parent($arr[$i])) == "entry")

{

goto_oid($arr[$i],-1)

dt

}

}

}

map F10 remove_p_tags();

Save this file in the init folder, restart your editor session, Click into your table and press F10, it should invoke the script to remove all the P elements.

Hope this helps

Bryon

Ps if you are using Excel, you can choose edit paste as excel, it then removes the P elements from the table.

it's very useful ,thank you!!!

Top Tags