cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

numerical sorting with FOSI

ptc-1908075
1-Newbie

numerical sorting with FOSI

As much as I want the content of my book to be finalized, it seemed to me that an example of numerical sorting should be included. It is attached. Please let me know any comments.

Thanks!

Suzanne Napoleon
www.FOSIexpert.com
"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"
5 REPLIES 5
cleccese
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-1908075)

Hi Suzanne,

The incorrect numerical sorting is exactly what I need for part of my TOC. I am getting these errors:

[A30203] ERROR: (indexing) Invalid record in preliminary index:
no <ixpt> or <ixstart> tag.
[A12548] ERROR (indexing): Locator (page reference) not found where
expected;
entire record will be ignored.

I have a title, dotfill and the page number is preceded by the Chapter so I wasn't sure how to handle that.I also tried enclosing both chapter and page number in <ixpgstr>, and creating ixpt and ixpgstr eics. Usage rule=2 in the usetext for toc.app. I'm sure I'm missing something.

<savetext textid="toc.app" conrule="&lt;col.fmt">,<ixpt>,fig-title.txt,</ixpt>,dot.fill,chapstr.txt[BO],\-\,<ixpgstr>,foliostr[BO],</ixpgstr>,-3pi,</col.fmt>"

append="1"/>

Caroline,

What formatting are you trying to support?

Suzanne Napoleon
www.FOSIexpert.com
"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

cleccese
6-Contributor

Hi Suzanne,

I'm trying to sort my TOC by figure title, so the page numbers would be out of order, like in the first example from your attachment.

Caroline,

You will need to code an index rather than a TOC. I put the section on indexing from my book at
cleccese
6-Contributor

Thanks, Suzanne!

With the help of your attachment and the Arbortext Help, (because I did not know there were pre-styled index _sfes in Styler), got 'r done!

Top Tags