cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

xref to a step2 should show 4.3 a(2), instead shows 4.3 (2)

mbarron
1-Newbie

xref to a step2 should show 4.3 a(2), instead shows 4.3 (2)

Still rather new at this SGML stuff.  I'm assuming this is a stylesheet issue, but don't know what to look for.  Here's the problem:

First, what works right:  When I create an xref to a step1, the xref generated text shows, for example, "4.3 a".

What doesn't work right:  When I create an xref to a step2, the xref generated text *should* show, for example, "4.3 a (1)", but instead shows "4.3 (1)" (leaving out any reference to the intervening step1); if I xref step 4.3 b (1), it shows the exact same thing ("4.3 (1)"), which is clearly not helpful.

A similar problem exists when xref'ing step3's and step4's:  Instead of "4.3 a (1)(c)" I get "4.3 (c)" (leaving out any reference to the intervening step1 *and* step2); etc.

We're currently at Arbortext 6.1 M30, but we had the same problem with Arbortext 5.3 (identical stylesheet).

As I said, I assume this can be fixed in the stylesheet, but I need someone to point me in the right direction.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

If some sample SGML would help, I can provide it, but it really is quite straightforward code.

Thanks,

Mic

2 REPLIES 2
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:mbarron)

Hi Mic,

You're correct, this does sound like a stylesheet issue.

How are the numbers/letters being generated?

For example: 4.3 a (1)(c)

4 - chapter

3 - step

a - ?

1 - ?

c - ?

Are these coming from title elements, and already existing in the document?  Or are they gentext from certain sections?

Also, have you played around with the contexts?  If the first steps is working as expected, maybe you have a context rule of first step in chapter, but no additional rule for later ones, so it defaults to the base step styling.

mbarron
1-Newbie
(To:rdiaz)

Rafael,

The numbering is all gentext.  "4.4" is a para0; "a" is a step1; "(1)" is a step2; "(c)" is a step3.

The same issue exists if we're at a lower subpara1 level:  where we should get "4.4.1 a(1)", we get "4.4.1 (1)".

I'm afraid I don't know anything about context rules or how to "play around" with them.  Where do I find them?

Thanks,

Mic

Top Tags