cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

xref to sibling?

kmccain
3-Visitor

xref to sibling?

Hi,

I am trying to modify a fosi to support an acronym tag reference.

I have one element <acronym> with two child elements <acroterm> and <acrodef>. <acrodef> takes an id attribute. <acroterm> takes an attribute refid of type IDREF. This tagging is used where the acronym is first defined.

Subsequently, if <acroterm> is used alone in any other element, such as <para> element, it is supposed to generate the original <acroterm>'s (content) and create a link reference back to its definition sibling where its refid equals the definition element's id. Is there a way to accomplish this using FOSI?

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Kim,
This is the same as ordinary cross referencing. The ID fillvals into a savetext, the IDREF fillvals into a usetext.
Please let me know any questions.
Suzanne Napoleonwww.FOSIexpert.com"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"
kmccain
3-Visitor
(To:kmccain)

Suzanne,

Thanks so much for your off-forum input. I've finally got this working so that the <acroterm> element creates a link back to its definition in the original <acronym> element by using the link category instead as you suggested. It doesn't generate the acronym term text, but that's OK since the text already exists in the file and we just need to go in and wrap it with an element to create the required link for the published PDF.

Thanks again!

Hi Kim,
Glad to help! However, I meant to share this with adepters as well. OK if I forward my last post about two e-i-cs and the Link category?
Suzanne

FYI, Kim got this working.
(I hought I clicked on Reply to All, but apparently not.)
Suzanne

----- Forwarded Message -----
kmccain
3-Visitor
(To:kmccain)

Forgot to mention that I also had to add <acroterm> as a link element in the .dcf file to get this working correctly.

Top Tags