cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

File parameter question

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

File parameter question

Is there a way to change a setting so when I create a part or assembly there is an additional parameter created? Along with the description, we need a reference ID for each part/assembly and It would save a lot of time if I could just type in the data into the tables instead of having to go through each part manually. So when I create a part it has the description, modeled by and my new parameter. Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is it a template you are talking about? In a template you can add any parameter you want your system to use.

If it is a update of an old part/asm you are talking about, try mapkey, model check or reading a relation file with the new parameters.

Helpful or? Need more information...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Is it a template you are talking about? In a template you can add any parameter you want your system to use.

If it is a update of an old part/asm you are talking about, try mapkey, model check or reading a relation file with the new parameters.

Helpful or? Need more information...

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst
(To:DareDevil)

Yes, after searching and searching i just figured it out 5 mins before your post. Thank you though.

I recommend you to review my second sentence as well, because when you start using parameters you want do add new once to "old" parts. But I guess you will discover that on your own

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags