cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to relate dimensions of separate parts?

KevinLee1
1-Newbie

How to relate dimensions of separate parts?

I am creating parts in an assembly file and I want to relate dimensions from part A to part B. How can I do this? Any tutorials out there? All I can find are tutorials for a single part.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

when you enter Relations dialog box and click part A (for example), you will see its dimensions in form d1:2 (for example), where d1 is dimension name and 2 is session ID of part A. Similarly for part B, you can see d2:4 (for example).

In Relations dialog box you can write a relations, for example:

d2:4=d1:2+1

MH

Martin Hanák
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:KevinLee1)

Don't overlook flexible models in assemblies (not flexible modeling - which is a separate extension).

Top Tags