Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lego blocks in assembly

SOLVED

Re: Lego blocks in assembly

Sweet! Is there a way to use Google or something to publish your bricks?

Something like this can really open the 3rd party development of a usable library interface for us non-windchill users.

How do you catalog all your bricks for personal use? Have you come up with some usable techniques to make this simpler?

An "Unlimited Lego Block Chest!"... who'd have thought this would ever be possible when we were growing up (pre-computer age, of course)

I was thinking about making web page with bricks, but I am not very good at html. Is it possible here on planet ptc for example with blog to make something like page where can be added bricks. I am using same numbers like lego company or as on www.peeron.com. for example 3005 is brick 2x4.

link for bricks: https://rapidshare.com/files/2389459059/step.zip

There are all bricks needed for lego starwars y-wing same like in my gallery

Thank you!

Would love to hear other peoples ideas on how to best share and catalog stuff like this.

I can see a Creo/WF assembly that looks like a box with all the parts in there and a "sticker" of the part number.

This way you can do a "pick and place" during "construction and remove the "box" at the end of the process.

What will be really interesting is how well Creo will manage such a huge database. It may take a few "chests" where you have "basic" pieces, "mechanism" pieces, and "specialized" pieces.

I'll play with this while testing Creo.

Thanks again!

you are welcome

Does anyone still have the ZIP file of lego blocks Jozef uploaded? They do not appear to be at the rapidfileshare site any longer.

I am doing a community outreach project involving some of the local libraries. I'm going to use Creo in conjunction with Legos to demonstrate how NASA uses CAD software to design and build spacecraft, rovers, etc. Having a library of real Creo models for the various Legos would save me a ton of time.

If anyone has them, pleaswe consider zipping them and adding them to the thread.

Thanks!

-Brian

Attached.

Jozef, I assume this is okay to share?

Highlighted

No problem