cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

family table driven assembly with skeleton part problem

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

family table driven assembly with skeleton part problem

I’ve never been successful using family table driven skeletons to drive family table driven parts. Pro/E remembers what assy was used for the copy geom as well as what instance or generic the CG refers to.

Doug Schaefer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
2 REPLIES 2

Good morning Doug:

You are correct, that’s exactly what Wildfire 5 is doing. Upon regen of an instance from the main assembly it looks to the generic skeleton size instead of the skeleton instance size to establish the size of the component part.

I’m looking for a way to force the software to look to the new instance of the skeleton part to establish the size of the component parts and not the generic part it was created with. It seems like this would be a very simple and useful tool but I haven’t found a way to accomplish this.

By the way, send me an email to my address below. We share the same family name and may be related. I have a large family with many relatives that I’ve never met.

Have a terrific day!

Best Regards,

Robert

3D ACCURACY

sales@3d-accuracy.com

www.3d-accuracy.com

Hello Doug,

I’m new to this PTC User group but not to ProE.

I’m responding to this tread because I have the same need as you to drive a assembly family table using a skeleton with its own family table. And I’ve experienced the exact same problem as described in this thread. It seems like PTC has placed intention in the software to do this type functionality but I just can’t figure it out and the documentation out there is lacking.

Have you come up with a solution for this problem? If so, could you please feel me in.

Thank you,

Peter Hines

Product Development Engineer

Otto Bock HealthCare

3820 West Great Lakes Drive

Salt Lake City, Utah84120

ph (801) 956-2515

fx (801) 956-2401

peter.hines@ottobock.com

Top Tags