cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Release Notes in CodeBeamer -what can they contain?

JB_10667238
5-Regular Member

Release Notes in CodeBeamer -what can they contain?

It appears that Release notes only includes bugs and issues solved in the release notes. Does anyone know if you can configure to include other items such as requirements, stories and test items for example into the release notes if associated with the Release and completed?  It looks like this maybe hard coded to only manage these two tracker types. 

5 REPLIES 5

I think the answer is that it depends on the Resolution field of the requirement as well - it needs to be set to "implemented" to show up in the release notes.

I also think so. It was a bit document like this in the help.

just to let you know that I raised an idea already.

please also check / comment.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Codebeamer-Ideas/Improve-Release-Notes-content-selection/idi-p/927800

PG_10799336
4-Participant
(To:VolkerE)

Makes sense - I agree it should be configurable. But I think it's okay for tasks to be included - I have a small project which just has tasks and bugs. But they could be excluded by default and only configured to be included by customizing.

The release notes contain all items where the versions property (typically Release field) contains an upstream reference to the release item. There are two additional requirements:

• The status of the item assigned to the release must be set with a meaning of Resolved or Closed (in default Requirement tracker configuration the Waiting for approval status' meaning is Resolved, the Accepted and Rejected's is Closed)
  • The selected resolution option's meaning must be successful.
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:LaszloK_Nanga)

@JB_10667238   It appears to me that your question  "Does anyone know if you can configure to include other items such as requirements, stories and test items for example into the release notes if associated with the Release and completed?" was answered by LaszloK_Nanga. 

Please "Mark as a Solution" since your question was answered so it will be easier in the Search for others.  (Accepted Solution responses are well identified with green checkmark to find it easy to find).

Thank You!

Jaime Lee

Announcements

Top Tags