cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Test Runs, Notifications, Computed Fields

rattmice
12-Amethyst

Test Runs, Notifications, Computed Fields

We have a problem with having a notification sent from a Test Run when the item is transitioned to the Finished state.  Our Test Run tracker has 2 custom Members fields: Lab Manager and Test Engineer.  It also has the Assigned To field which is a computed field that is assigned its value based on the state of the item.  If the state is Finished then it gets set to the Lab Manager field value, otherwise it is set to the Test Engineer value.

When a Test Run is created (and is not in the Finished state) the Assigned To is set to the Test Engineer field and that user will get a notification of the Test Run which is desired.  However, when the Test Run is marked as Finished, the Assigned To field does get the value of the Lab Manager but that user does not get a notification that it is complete.

Because the Test Run's workflow is not editable we don't have the ability to add a workflow action (custom via groovy or any of the other built-in actions).

I tried manually subscribing the Lab Manager user for events to the Finished state but that does not trigger a notification during the transition but it will if I update the item while it is already in that state.

I have yet to look at the Velocity templates but that is my next option.

Anyone have a workaround to getting notifications sent when the Assigned To changes on a Test Run?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags