cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

create/edit Test Case

MM_10991077
7-Bedrock

create/edit Test Case

Hello all,

we are not able to create or edit Test Cases.

Always get error: 

Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only

Tried bellow  article CS416551 and didn't help:

Article - CS416551 - Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only when modifying a Test Case in Codebeamer (ptc.com)

Interesting is that creation or edit works if "Document Edit View" is active but not in "Table View or Document View".

MM_10991077_0-1722331184754.png

thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MM_10991077, This behavior seems unexpected and inconsistent, please raise a Support Ticket so that we can analyze it further. In the ticket, please provide:

Thanks in advance

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @MM_10991077,

Thank you for your question!

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.
Also, feel free to add any additional information you think might be relevant. 

Thank you for your participation!

Best regards,

Catalina

PTC Community Moderator

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator

Hello @MM_10991077, This behavior seems unexpected and inconsistent, please raise a Support Ticket so that we can analyze it further. In the ticket, please provide:

Thanks in advance

Hello Alfonso,

thank you for your reply.

Regarding a project template export.

What data will be exported ?

There might be a problem for project owner to share sensible data.

thank you

Dear @MM_10991077 ,

when you export your project, exclude the "work items", "reports" and "wiki pages".  That way, we receive only the configuration and no data.
See more details on the following page: https://codebeamer.com/cb/wiki/7060303

Alternative solution can be that you export your project and import the same. You can check what data you'll share with us.

Hello Alfonso,

I did export and import to see what data will be shared (as advised by gkosa).

Result is that create and edit test case is possible after import it as a new project.

Does it make sense to send export to you for analysis, anyway?

thank you

But in Original project there is still not possible to create or edit test cases.

Hi @MM_10991077, in this case, you can raise a Support Ticket reporting this latest information (create and edit test case is possible after import it as a new project) instead of attaching the project. Here is a new checklist:

Thanks in advance

Hello Alfonso,

I am sorry for misleading you.

Below article works:
https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS416551?_gl=1*1s25l4r*_gcl_au*MTI4NDcyNjM5LjE3MjA1MDkwNzE.*_ga*MTQ3ODk2NzEyMC4xNjk5OTQ5Mzcw*_ga_7NMP2MSYPM*MTcyNTAxNjMwNS4xOC4xLjE3MjUwMjExNjMuNTUuMC4w

Problem was on my side because I set rights for subfolders only and did not for ".codeBeamer" itself.

Problem is resolved now.

It was my fault.

Sorry again.

Michal.

Hello @MM_10991077 no worries at all, I am glad to know this got sorted out 🎉 Thanks for informing me and marking this thread as resolved 🙂

Announcements

Top Tags