cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

3d Note display?

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

3d Note display?

In wf5 I had an Icon that would turn on and off the display of hole notes. Now with Creo2.0 the icon appears to be gone along with the display of my hole notes?

how do I get them back? Creo2.0 windows7 64 bitPro

Any help would be appreciated.. I really miss my notes!!

Thanks in advance,

Steve

3d note display.JPG

creo2.0 3d note display.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bari
12-Amethyst
(To:SteveLucas)

Change to ANNOTATE tab and then Right Mouse Button on Hole's note and SHOW option.

qw.jpg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Bari
12-Amethyst

Hello Steve,

Add this line to your CONFIG.PRO file

MODEL_NOTE_DISPLAY YES

Hope it works.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:Bari)

Thanks for the reply Antonio,

Had that set already, Still no notes showing up?config_option.JPG

Bari
12-Amethyst

Change to ANNOTATE tab and then Right Mouse Button on Hole's note and SHOW option.

qw.jpg

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:Bari)

That worked Antonio!!

I didn't think to look in the model tree. I was looking for an icon like in WF5. It seems like more work to turn them on and off than what it used to be.

Steve

I also prefer the way that this worked in WF5.0 vs Creo 1.0 or 2.0. It was very easy when working with a part or manufacturing model to see the holes note. I am afraid this is gone forever. If you figure out a way to globally toggle the disply of hole notes for a part please let me know.

FYI - this functionality is back again in Creo 2.0 M080.

Hi,

I'm searching for this option to turn on/off hole notes in latest releases of Creo 2.0, but I can't find it. I've seen that PTC is working on a config.pro option to turn hole notes on/off -> https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=2224432

It doesn't seem to be released yet, and I don't know another way to do it... Do you know how to do it on Creo 2.0?

Thank you in advance!

Use the "Annotation Display" icon, it is the one pictured below that is furthest to the right. This will toggle the annotations on or off. I believe there is a config option to set the initial state.

annotation.png

I believe the config you would want is:

display_annotations NO

Ok, thank you. I knew this display_annotations config option, and the icon to toggle on/off all the annotations.

What I was looking for, is a way to toggle on/off just the hole notes, not all the annotations.

By default, until Creo 2.0 M080, hole notes where not displayed, but now on more recent versions all hole notes are displayed. WHat I want is to show 3D annotations, and hide just hole notes. It seems that PTC is working on a config.pro option to do this, but it doesn't seem to be releasesd yet:

Config.pro option allowing to turn on/off the display of standard hole annotations -> https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=2224432

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags