cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Activate Creo windows automatically?

David_M
5-Regular Member

Activate Creo windows automatically?

I could write a SolidWorks add-in to do this in about a minute, but I don't know the Creo API yet. Does anyone know if there is an option to do this or an existing add-in? I didn't mind the Window menu from Wildfire, but the tiny icon in Creo is inconvenient.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

When I have a window on the screen that isn't active in WF5.0 I use CTRL-A to activate the window. Does that still work in Creo?

-Greg

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:GregFrankland)

Yeah the shortcut is the same, but I don't expect the Creo update to add steps to my workflow. I'd like it to be automatic, or for the Window button to be bigger. I know I can put a big button on every single toolbar and tab, but I don't think that's a good solution. There's sure to be an option or an existing add-in.

Sorry I couldn't help you out as I don't have Creo installed on my station yet, but I look forward to what everybody comes up with for a solution.

Can you post an image of the button that is on there so that we can see what you are looking at on the ribbon?

-Greg

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:GregFrankland)

Window.jpg

There we are. I've highlighted it since it's so tiny.

Cheers

Thanks for posting the image. That does appear a bit on the small side. Hopefully someone has the solution out there.

-Greg

The Activate button is available in large form on the View tab as per the attached image (it's a bit blocky right now but I believe that'll be fixed in a maintenance release). Note that if you use the Windows drop down to choose a window (also available on the View tab) it will automatically activate the window upon switching.

You can customize the ribbon to make any of the buttons available in your frequently-used tab, should you wish. Just right click on the ribbon and choose "Customize the Ribbon" then use the dialog to copy them across.

Regards,

Martin

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:mkemp)

I know, but I think Ctrl + A is more convenient than clicking the View tab then the Activate button then the Model tab again. As soon as I figure out the API, this'll be by first add-on... assuming Creo can load .dll add-ons?

jhall2
6-Contributor
(To:David_M)

I would like for the window that I clck on to be the active window - like all the other programs that I use, how can I set Creo Elements / Pro (sure looks like Wildfire 5.0) up to do that?

I keep several windows open, and often click back and forth between them, and even having to Ctrl-A is annoying when I am talking to Engineers about different parts.

James

This is being implemented in Creo 3.0

jhall2
6-Contributor
(To:AndyHermanson)

Ok, great! Thanks Andy.

Anytime.

All,

It really isn't fully implemented in Creo 3. I tested this functionality. It is actually kind of a joke since it only applies to the Window icon under View tab (yellow). The one (green) in the Quick Access toolbar already did that function.

The piece that they are missing the boat on is when you have one model open and open a new one from your workspace, it should automatically be activated. Seriously, I am opening a model to work on it and I still have to activate the window.

If I open a model from an assembly, it automatically activates that objects window.

I have brought this up in the TC's before and will do it again in June.

Switch Window.jpg

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags