cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Another thing on UI Customisation

JWayman
1-Newbie

Another thing on UI Customisation

I have created a custom tab to make Creo Parametric 2 look the way I think I want it to. Strangely, though, some of the icons are large and others are teeny. odd+icon+sizes.jpg

So, in the image above, the Shaded with edges icon is teeny, but the Wireframe icon is large. Why is this? Am I doing something wrong?

Also, at the top of the screen, above the tabs, there is a 20mm vacant space, just wasted. Is it possible to reduce the height of this dead space? I think it may be caused by the help, learning connector and command search icons hudding together for warmth beneath the minimise, maximise and close icons at the top right.

sheltering+icons.jpg

Is it possible to entice them out from under?

Then there's the 12mm strip at the bottom of the screen, which has all of 5 icons and a selection filter box in it, but extends all the way across the whole screen. Can I reclaim some of that fertile area?

Cheers,

John

4 REPLIES 4

I found the answer to one of the questions in the document Jakub suggested I read:

In the Customize Ribbon dialogue, there is a button marked 'Modify'. If I click that button, one of the options is the size of the icon.

As far as the waste of screen space goes, I think that's just called 'Progress'. Unless you know different...

James62
10-Marble
(To:JWayman)

I've seen examples of modified Creo GUI. These were done with Creo TOOLKIT, but they were more about new tabs here and there. Nothing that could really fill the wasted space in the top right corner.

John Wayman wrote:

As far as the waste of screen space goes, I think that's just called 'Progress'. Unless you know different...

QHD+ screens are now available at 3200x1800 - plenty of space to waste!

What do you mean you haven't got one yet?

(I haven't either, before you say anything...)

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags