cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Aus einer 3D iges Datei einzelne 2D iges/dxf erzeugen

ptc-6727879
1-Newbie

Aus einer 3D iges Datei einzelne 2D iges/dxf erzeugen

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe folgendes Problem:

Ich habe eine Maschine (Laser mit Scanneroptik), die vom Grundaufbau der Software her nur 2D Dateien verarbeiten kann, sprich DXF.

ich würde allerdings auch gerne 2,5D Bearbeitungen realisieren können. Hierzu erzeuge ich mir aus einem 3D Creo Modell durch den Schnitt einer Ebene mit der Volumengeometrie Bezugskurven. Durch Mustern erzeuge ich somit quasi ein Schichtmodell meines ursprünglichen 3D Körpers. Wenn ich die Volumengeometrie nun ausblende, bleiben nur noch die Kurven zurück, welche ich dann als IGES speichere. Jetzt fehlt mir noch der letzte Schritt --> die 3D iges oder Bezugskurven mir Schicht für Schicht als seperate 2D IGES oder DXF ausgeben zu lassen, damit ich es in der Lasersoftware wieder importieren kann. Die software importiert zwar auch Iges aber nur 2D, sobald eine Höheninformation hinterlegt ist, funktioniert das nicht mehr. Mir wären auch am liebsten, die einzelnen Bezugskurven als seperate DXF zu bekommen. Hat da jemand eine Idee, wie das mit Creo funktionieren kann? Oder sonstige Software, die soetwas vollbringt?

Herzlichen Dank schon vorab für eure Ratschläge

3 REPLIES 3

Simon, the German community is rather small in comparison to the international English community. So it is probably better to ask in English - if possible.

So the goal is to output a model slice by slice as DXF for a laser with scanner optic.

You managed to create a pattern of curves by intersection, but now you need a method to output them all one by one using the DXF or 2D IGES file format.

I know that we had a customer a couple of years ago, who output HPGL to a stereolitographics machine, but I don't remember, whether he managed to find an automatism to output all slices as a batch instead of doing it manually one-by-one.

But I think he used cross sections instead of intersection curves, so maybe he created drawings from them, to print HPGL. A trail file repeating actions with just a small variation (select a different curve) may be an idea to keep user interaction small.

Dear Mr. Koch,

thank you for your response. HPGL would also be possible for my maschine software so if you may remember what the solution war please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Unfortunately this was about 20 years ago, when I started with PTC.

We have changed the Call Management System twice since then (not counting the paper works we had until early 1994). Although in our old database the legacy cases are still recorded, I can only search for the case subject and not through the notes, so I was not able to identify this case.

Either this had been a topic before we started electronic recording or in my description I had not used the most obvious keywords - e.g. I found 117 cases with "section", 23 with "SLA", etc... but none of them was about this topic.

I assume the customer at this time had had a specific, different question and the use case of exporting cross sections for a stereolithographics machine was only background information.

Anyway, it would probably be possible to create auxiliary applications to help you automate this and - as I mentioned before - a trail file could be used as well. However, you can also utilize two other mechanisms:

1. You can pattern cross sections to easily create as many of them as you need. If you have pattern section A, you will get A-2, A-3, A-4 and so on.
  2. You can use a drawing template with the views specified, including the names of the cross sections.

In the template you will still need to place a view for every cross section, but you can reuse the template for any new model, as long as you make sure the orientation and cross section names are the same.

You may also use mapkeys or trail files to make adding all the template views easier:

If you find a good cycle of actions, like adding a new sheet, placing a new template with orientation and cross section specified, then you might use a mapkey to do most of the actions and you only enter the different cross section names.

If you employ trail files, you need a full cycle of actions that is repeatable and you can copy it many times and simply modify the cross section names for the copies. This was definitely easier 20 years ago, when trail files contained only easy-to-read menu manager items. But some people today still build their trail files to do specific batch jobs.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags